Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Just Ducky

There are always a good number of Duck stories to go around, so you can usually come up with a good story time! Plus, getting all the kids to quack is pretty fun. I also found one of the cutest crafts (I LOVE paper plates!!), so a duck story time was a must.

Opening Song -
Shake My Sillies Out by Raffi

Book: Ducks Don't Wear Socks by John Nedwidek



Song: 5 Little Ducks

Book: Fluffy and Baron by Laura Rankin


Song:
I'm a Duck (To the tune of Frere Jacques) (taken from Preschool Education - bird songs)
I'm a duck, I'm a duck,
Watch me waddle, watch me waddle.
Hear me when I talk, hear me when I talk.
Quack, quack, quack! Quack, quack, quack!

Book: Duck on a Bike by David Shannon


Book: Ducks Like to Swim by Agnes Verboven


Craft: Paper Plate Ducks (Taken from Enchanted Learning)


Of course, we had FMRNS!!! The feature for this week was a comedy - Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid from 1982 with Steve Martin and Rachel Ward. This one was interesting because it pulled scenes from old movies, so you get to see some characters you probably weren't expecting! All in all a FABULOUS movie - and I do love me some Steve Martin!!!

No comments: