Monday, July 18, 2011

Not a toy

At my new library, there happen to be a TON of new things for the kids to play with. For instance, we have a doll house and globe...


some manipulatives...


an AWESOME felt vegetable and flower garden...


and a 'book drop.'


One thing that we have in our library that is NOT A TOY...

THE FRONT DOOR.

That's right, kids, the doors are NOT TOYS. I don't know what kind of place you live in, but your grown-up should have taught you this very important lesson.

The other day, I look up from the information desk to see a youngen of about 6 years old, tugging on the automatic sliding doors, pulling them shut. His grown-ups (THREE of them!!!) were all standing in front of him, just watching him.

I ran (*read: walked with a quickness, because one should not run in the library) over to the family and told the boy that the doors were not toys, and we needed to be careful in the library. None of the grown-ups said ANYTHING. They continued out the door and didn't even look back at me.

That's when I turned around and realized that the automatic sliding doors to my brand new library were now...broken. Nice.

3 comments:

none said...

That book return bin is too cute!
The broken (new) sliding doors must have been a real piss off!

Kat Bryan said...

That really sucks that your new doors are broken but what kind of door can be broken by a 6 year old? YIKES! I'd say the library got the wrong kind of doors.

Unknown said...

This is impossible. How can a little kid do that?