Friday, September 18, 2009

Review: Ripley's Believe It or Not - Seeing is Believing

I gotta tell ya, when Carolina contacted me about reviewing Ripley’s newest Believe It or Not book – Seeing is Believing, I was SUPER excited!!! I love reading about random facts and seeing odd and crazy pictures. I love things that make my jaw drop with awe and wonder, or sometimes in shock and disgust. Either way – this is definitely an awesome read. And, with a blinking eye on the front cover, you can’t help but be intrigued!!

You’ll see some interesting things – like a wedding gown made completely of toilet paper, a giant python wrapping it’s huge jaws around a 16 full size wallaby AND it’s joey, a flying bus that flies through a fireball and over 15 motorcycles, and a picture of a 20 lb hamburger and the man who actually are it.

There is an index in the front of the book, and you’ll see facts and tidbits about the earth, food, human bodies, science, customs, animals, and so much more.. Seriously – you will be amazed by something on EVERY PAGE of this book. I’m sure you believe it, especially if you have ever seen any of the books in Ripley’s Believe it or Not series.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I loved these books as a child.