Monday, November 10, 2008

Recap: The final FMRNS

It's been a while since I've been a regular blogger. I have to tell you, I miss it!!! But, with all the craziness that comes along with moving, and now that I don't have internet access at home, it's been hard to keep up with. Some things just had to be put aside.

Anyway, I wanted to give you a recap of the last couple FMRNS movies, and talk a little about the last FMRNS evening.

We were able to make it to our goal of 299 movies. Can you believe it? It's been an amazing movie adventure and what a movie education!! We watched movies from all decades and genres, with super stars and little known actors. We have also had lots of laughs, tears, and built a wonderful friendship.

We did end up watching Brokeback Mountain, a drama love story from 2005, with Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal the week before the final movie night. What an amazing story. I truly can't imagine not being able to openly love the person I am in love with.

After that, we watched Starman, a Sci-Fi Adventure from 1984 with Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen. and Silver Streak, a comedy from 1976 with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor.

The last movie on the list was Legend, a Sci-Fi Adventure from 1985 with Tom Cruise, Mia Sera and Tim Curry. Movie number 299.

We started out our evening with the usual - watching Jeopardy and Friends. After that, we decided that it was important to have one last fabulous dinner, so we headed out to Red Lobster. Yummy!!!! When we got back to A's, we watched the America's Next Top Model from the week before that I had taped - another FMRNS Night ritual (sometimes it's ANTM, sometimes it's American Idol. Whichever reality TV show is on at the time). And then, of course, the movie.

I just want to say that saying goodbye to my dear friend A was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. A has been my rock since I moved to Nashville and we have been through some major things together. He has been there for me through some of my happiest times, and has also been a shoulder for me to cry on during the hardest times. I miss my dear friend terribly.

I'll never forget all the wonderful and thoughtful things that A has brought to my life. I am so fortunate to have been able to spend so much time with him and get to know this fabulous person. He has brought such a joy to my life and I feel so blessed to have been given his friendship. A - you totally rock my face off, and I love you dearly. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend!!!

I promise one day soon I will post the list in it's color-coded by genre entirety! It's quite the list!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Starman is one of my fav movies of all time! I miss you too.