Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Review: Bundle of Trouble: A Maternal Instincts Mystery

I am always excited to hear from a new author about reading their book for my blog, so when Diana Orgain emailed me to review her debut novel Bundle of Trouble: A Maternal Instincts Mystery, I jumped at the chance!! I love a good mystery, and was in the mood for a light, fun read, and this book was PERFECT for that!!!

Kate is a brand new mother who is struggling with not only new motherhood and the desire to become a stay-at-home mom, but she’s also been thrown into a series of crazy events. Not one, not two, but THREE murders have been committed, along with several other things, and Kate is determined to find out what happened. Sensing that being a Private Eye would be the perfect job for a stay-at-home mom, Kate throws herself right into the middle of an investigation that leads her to all kinds of situations.

Once I picked up this book, I couldn’t put it down. I enjoyed all the characters (even though there were quite a lot of them), and I especially liked the descriptions of how Kate was handing the sleep deprivation and being a “poor” breastfeeder. I am definitely looking forward to Kate’s next adventure – I hope it’ll be coming out soon!! Even if you aren’t a new mom, you will appreciate this fun mystery, so definitely check it out!! Also, check out Diana's website for more info about the book!!

Thanks to Diana for emailing me and sending me a copy of her book! I loved it!!!

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

This does sound like a cute story, but I can't think of a worse job for a new mother! Think of the danger!

Anna said...

I have this one on my desk waiting to be read. I'm glad to see you enjoyed it.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric