Wednesday, November 11, 2009

And I'm back in the game!!!

Well, it's time for some exciting news!!! After a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG year of searching and applications and interviews and rejections, I am FINALLY back in a library, baby!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'm going back to my roots - I started out doing circulation, and that's what I'm headed back to. I love the customer service side to library work, and circulation is the perfect place to do that.

And to be perfectly honest with y'all, it's just amazing to be back in a library again. My first day - actually after my first minute - I felt at home. It's such a great feeling to be back where I belong.

Here's a story from my first couple days:

A woman is buying a couple books off the book sale cart. I'm trying to remember just how much everything costs.

Real Librarian: Sorry, it's my third day!
Woman Buying Books: Ohhhh... I applied for your job.
RL: *thinking* AWKWARD!!!
WBB: I thought they'd be interested, I come from a teaching background. Do yo mind if I ask about your background?
RL: Um, I have eleven years of library experience.
WBB: Oh.

Hahaha! Come to find out there were over a hundred applicants for my job. I feel so honored to have been selected!!!

Anyway, so far so good. I've got lots of reviews in the works, so stay tuned!!!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Kat Bryan said...

Congratulations! It's wonderful when someone is able to a job they love. A very small town library near me is wanting help and I thought about applying but the only library experience I have is helping at the elementary school MANY years ago.

Becky said...

That just shows how awesome you are!

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Congrats! Very excited for you :)

bermudaonion said...

What terrific news! I'm sure you're exactly where you belong.

brainella said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Wonderful!

Christy said...

I'm so happy for you!

Amy said...

Congratulations! How exciting!!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Congrats! I know what you mean-libraries feel like home for me too!:)

Amanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so so so happy for you!! Hopefully you can edge your way into doing the Tuesday stories again. I loved those!

11 years experience. I am so jealous. I am going to have to go the whole "volunteer my butt off until I can pressure them to hire me" route. LOL!

shelby said...

Yay! I am sooo looking forward to more stories from the 'berry! :)